Blog has moved, searching new blog...

Monday, July 16, 2012

weekend off

 Happy Monday friends!


This weekend was my first weekend off and I took full advantage of it.

I started it off by joining my maid of honor, Bailey and our moms and some others for a quick happy hour and headed straight over to Chuy's for a friends Birthday dinner. Ah, mexican food, margaritas, and good friends...does it get much better than that?! It was great! Also, Scott was out of town for the night so I got the whole bed to myself, which meant sleeping like an x! My favorite. 


Mac watching me read.
Saturday morning, I woke up late, like 8 o'clock and laid in bed reading allll morning long! It was wonderful! I'm trying to finish up Fifty Shades before I start my new book, Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children, but I don't think it's going to happen. I'm a little over half way through with the second one and to be honest I just want to be done with it. It's kinda dragging for me. Anyone feel the same way? Also has anyone read Miss P?
 It sounds pretty spooky....






I finished my Saturday with a day full of shopping and a friends pot luck. We didn't stay long, because Scott and I both started feeling pretty bad, but it was a good time :)

Sunday Scott and I ventured out to HEB for our weekly grocery trip and almost got completely creamed on the way there. It was the closest I've come to getting in a car wreck and it scared the crap out of me. A lady ran a red light and we almost t-boned her. If Scott wasn't with me, I definitely would have gotten in my first wreck. :( Very scary to think about. God was looking out for us for sure. 
We came home and got some chores done and relaxed! The storm yesterday was the perfect ending to a lazy Sunday. North Austin got a record amount of rain, 4.57 inches, crazy!
Hooray for organization!
Here's to another week workin for the man... I'm loving the new job and I'm finally getting a routine down. I'm pretty excited for my next weekend off. We're going to be busy! I'm hoping to post more this coming week!

2 comments:

  1. hooray for organization is right!!!!!! hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oo I am always looking for new books to read. Everyone has been talking about 50 Shades and so that was what I was leaning towards, but you're right, this Miss P book does look creepy.
    I am ready though for some relief from all this school work though!!!

    Angelica

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the love <3