Of course I quickly replied and said I would start the next day(today).
So here I sit, one hour in, and one more to go. My office is scary quiet right now. I guess you can tell I'm using my time wisely? :)
But hey, I was really busy earlier!
It's actually kind of nice to work in peace. A lot of times people don't follow cubicle etiquette, which can be annoying. I'll continue to see how this goes later on this month. I have a feeling Fridays will be torture. Oh well. I'll be happy when I get my check in the mail. :)
More on my job here.

Overtime is worth every penny :) I used to work OT a lot at my old job and I felt the same- work in peace & quiet for a change! Happy working to you!!!
ReplyDeleteps. and I seriously love that you blogged while you were working. SO something I do!!
mycalmdelight.blogspot.com
Nice use of over time Brooke and I feel you on the cubicle etiquette, I sit in the front office so it can get pretty bad. People will just sit there and have full conversations very loudly not even a whole 3 feet away.
ReplyDeleteI have to admit that sometimes I come into the office early just so I can get little things done before the crazyness of the day ensues. I like the peace and quiet in the early mornings and late evenings, to be honest. Enjoy the extra moneys :)
ReplyDeleteThere is something so peaceful about being in a quiet office. Years ago on a previous job I was able to come in an hour earlier, I loved having that quiet time to get organized and ready for a long day ahead...
ReplyDeleteAbi K
I wish I could earn overtime! There is something about a salary that seems so appealing a first, and then... well no overtime. Gees.
ReplyDeleteI agree with Abi K. I would love to work overtimes--extra hours and quiet offices.
ReplyDeleteI love being at work alone! When I was a high school teacher my favorite days were the work days when the kids didn't actually come to school? Is that bad? :) Today I locked myself in a cage in the library to get stuff done... literally... a cage! And it was silent!
ReplyDelete